100 Best Books
It’s customary, whenever someone publishes a list of the 100 best anythings, to go down the list and
- Complain about the missing entries.
- Complain about the entries that don’t belong.
- Take perverse credit for the entries that are there.
Without further ado, here goes on the 100 best novels since 1923:
- I have only read 14.
- But have seen the movie of another 9.
- Hated one.
- Failed to finish another.
- Why isn’t there more Graham Greene?
I have been meaning to read Cuckoo’s Nest for ages. I think it’s finally time.