Global warming is a liberal conspiracy
I have never seen the “global warming as conspiracy” theory put so forcefully. Which makes me think it might be a spoof. You never can tell these days.
This hilarious article at the National Review manages to cover
- Why global warming isn’t actually happening
But sea-level data from Tuvalu show basically a flat-line average since 1977 â€” talk about an inconvenient truth!
- Why, if it is happening, it’s not as severe as they say it is
The Al Gore scare film has some dramatic footage of the consequences of a 20-foot rise in sea levels. Most estimates I have read about talk about a three-foot rise at most, but letâ€™s not quibble.
- and it’s probably not our fault.
Granted, maybe it isnâ€™t really happening, and if it is there are strong reasons to doubt that humans have anything to do with it.
- Why, if it is as severe as they say it is, it’s actually a good thing
But add global warming and vast regions would become comfortably habitable. As well, there would be more land available for cultivation
- The line that puts it over the edge into probable spoof, though, is when he concedes
Granted, there will be some negative impacts in marginal areas.
- Genius. But when the conclusion ties it all into a liberal plot to redistribute wealth by means of environmental regulations and public works to prevent the storm surge
Another motive, sometimes open sometimes not, is to end the free-market system as we know it. By linking the cause of global warming to the activities of the most productive economies in human history, they can take down capitalism by other means.
that’s when I started to look for the “I can’t believe it’s not Jesus” ads.